Frequently Asked Questions

Our SENDCo is Mrs Hill, she can be contacted via the school telephone number, you may wish to leave a message with Kirsty Jenkins.


Visit the SEND Devon County Council website for more information.

If you need to talk to your child's tutor, please ring the school office and ask for the tutor to ring you back.  Your call may not be returned until the next day, but if it is urgent, please ask to speak to the Head Of House.

Most school uniform is available at Samuel Daw & Co in Cross Street.  Samuel Daw & Co hold a wide range of uniform, however, please be aware that sometimes items may be out of stock therefore there may be a wait while items are ordered for you.

PE kit, girls blouses and boys ties are only available from the School Office.  These can be purchased by using Wisepay or from the School Office in term time and Inset days. 

Our School Office holds a small supply of second hand or ‘thrift’ uniform.  As these items are donated to us we cannot guarantee what we have in stock at any time.  Please pop into the School Office to enquire with us.

Please make sure to check our uniform page for the latest information and guidance.

Cheques should be made payable to 'The Park Community School'.


The best way is to use Wisepay and this is what we recommend.  If you are unable to use this online payment system, payments can be made by cash or cheque to the school office.  Please put payments in an envelope, stating the student's name, tutor group and what the payment is for.

Please view the term dates on our website under the 'Events' menu.

Registration starts at 08:45, students who are late should expect a lunchtime ‘red card’ detention.  If they arrive after 9.00am they must sign-in at Pupil Reception in their House coloured book before going on to class.  They must also have a note in their Contact Book explaining the reason for being late.


If possible, please try to avoid making appointments for your child during school time.

If you have made an appointment during school time and you know in advance:

Write a note in their Contact Book for their Tutor to sign to give permission for your child to leave school.  The student is responsible for showing their class teacher what time they need to leave the lesson and for signing out at Pupil Reception so that we are aware they have left school.

When the student returns to school after the appointment, they must sign in at Pupil reception, so we are aware they have returned to school.


Parent/carers are responsible for informing the school office (Telephone 01271 373131) on each day of absence from school. When you call us we will ask for your child's Name, Tutor Group and reason for absence.

When they return to school, they must have a note please in their Contact Book for their tutor explaining their absence.